“By education I mean an all-round drawing out of the best in child and man-body, mind and spirit. Literacy is not the end of education or even the beginning.” ~MK Gandhi
The department directly manages 14000+ schools, 160K+ teachers ,20K+ non teaching staff of the state.[Details in Sametham -the complete School Databank, SchoolWiki – Wiki of each Individual schools].The Department plays an eminent role in the physical and mental development of all pupils studying in schools. There has been tremendous growth in educational facilities at all levels of education in the state during the last 50 years. The private and public sectors together played significant role in attaining the present level and their contribution to the field are remarkable.The department administers school education from pre-primary level to the higher secondary level and teacher training.
Kerala’s achievements in social development and quality of life are, no doubt, inspiring and encouraging. The state has achieved a human development index comparable to the developed countries of the World.The society attaches so much importance to education that the school in Kerala is really the nucleus of the social microcosm. Better education kindles the aspirations of the people and the main concern is on how to improve the quality of education.
- Ensuring equitable and quality education for all children leading them to be productive and socially responsible Citizens.
- To evolve appropriate school education policy and to ensure participation of all stakeholders of school education
- To allocate sufficient resources and to envisage legal and statutory frameworks
- To formulate programmesand strategies for enhancing community participation.
- SIMC Director posting – Rank list published
- B.Ed. 2021-23-Department Quota-Reg
- Circular -Ministerial Cadre(Gaz) Retirement list for 2022.
- D.El.Ed – Govt Aided .
- D.El.Ed -Self Finance.
- D.El.Ed Department Quota
- JS Cadre Probation
- Seniority List – AA/AO/APFO Cadre Provisional
- Typist Cadre-Ratio promotion (Revised)